Position Title: Event and Fundraising Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Closing Date: November 29, 2019
In order to be considered for this position, you must be a strong team player who loves to work with volunteers.
The Event and Fundraising Manager must have a clear understanding of Chilliwack Hospice Society’s Mission Statement and Values.
The Event and Fundraising Manager will work with the Executive Director to plan fundraising events. This will include all planning, promotion and execution of these events with the assistance of a volunteer committee.
The Event and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for soliciting and securing Sponsors for all Fundraising events in order to meet the budget for sponsorship. Volunteers will assist with this role. This will include the preparation and distribution of sponsorship packages and marketing materials.
The Event and Fundraising Manager will also be responsible for bringing in all auction items with the assistance of a team of volunteers.
The Event and Fundraising Manager will Chair the committee of volunteers for each event with the support of Chilliwack Hospice Society Executive Director.
The Event and Fundraising Manager will ensure that meetings are run efficiently and effectively and that deadlines and assignments within the committee & sub committees are managed and met in a timely manner ensuring the success of the event.
The Event and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for set up, tear down and running all the events on event day which may include some evenings and weekends. A committee of volunteers, the Executive Director and staff team members will assist in these efforts.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and be able to communicate to others the programs & services that Chilliwack Hospice Society offers.
- Chair and coordinate meeting dates with committee of volunteers.
- Ensure the committees adhere to the budget and meets targets set forth by the Executive Director.
- Negotiate all arrangements with vendors, caterers, suppliers, donors and sponsors.
- Develop and adhere to event planning schedule, policies and guidelines.
- Booking venues, entertainment and obtaining permits/licenses as required.
- Coordinate the preparation and purchasing of awards and supplies for the event day.
- Publishing and distributing the registration brochure, and other marketing materials.
- Solicit enough volunteers to assist in meeting your objectives for each event.
- Assist in the thank you and administrative wrap up for vendors, sponsors, donors and volunteers of events.
- Plan end of the event debrief and celebration.
- Establish the brand, design guidelines and templates for each event.
- Maintain social media platforms with information on events.
This is a contract position that will run for three years, 5 days a week
- Event and Fundraising Manager must possess leadership qualities, good interpersonal skills, must be detailed oriented and reliable.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with volunteers.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in event planning and execution.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be artistic and creative.
Applicants: Please forward resumes to the Executive Director Sue Knott at email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.