Thank you to all who came out to support
Hike for Chilliwack Hospice
Big THANKS to all our participants, sponsors & volunteers!
Sunday May 5, 2019 Scroll down to see event pictures
Take a Hike… for Hospice!
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 people across Canada will walk in support of the Hike for Hospice.
Here in Chilliwack, members of our community will gather at Townsend Park to build awareness and raise funds in support of the Chilliwack Hospice Society.
Hike for Hospice Chilliwack is a public family event. Runners, walkers and wanderers of all abilities are welcome to participate!
All funds raised will remain locally to support the Chilliwack Hospice Society so that we may continue our critical work of providing compassionate care to individuals and families during the dying and grieving process.
Time: 12pm to 3:30 pm
- 12:00pm Registration, Barbecue lunch (available before and after the hike)
- 12:45pm Opening Ceremonies & Warm-up
- 1:00pm Hike begins
- 3:00pm Closing Ceremonies & Prize draw
Venue: Townsend Park – 45130 Wolfe Rd, Chilliwack,
Routes: 2km & 5km
Your Support Matters
Funds from Hike for Hospice support the following programs:
- Palliative support services – hospital & home visitations
- Respite support for family members and other caregivers
- Vigil services
- Relaxation therapies
- Community memorial event
- Volunteer training
- Grief and bereavement support services
- Children’s grief support group
- Teens grief support group
- Horse Whisperer grief camp
- Community outreach and education
- In school support for children & youth
- Community Collaboration
Chilliwack Hospice Society is a community-based volunteer organization which accepts death as a part of life. Every year, we serve thousands of individuals and families in the community. There is no cost or fee to use any of our hospice palliative and bereavement services and we accept referrals by anyone.
Sponsorship opportunities available. Please contact Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for Event Volunteer opportunities with the form below